Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stand by...

I had every intention today of creating a lovely slideshow of the costumes and other outfits my mother sewed over the years and then cap off this post with a picture of Randy in his famous Grande Conejo costume, along with the story behind it...

Unfortunately, I have the attention span of a 2 year old today and after tearing apart a number of rooms trying to find the right pictures, I finally decided this is a task for a calmer brain than I possess at present. So, at this point, the only two rooms in this house that aren't completely trashed are Megan's room (only because she is not currently living in it) and Annike's old room. The rest of the house looks like a "before" picture in one of the decorating magazines that are stacked knee high in my bathroom. (Oh, don't you dare snicker at that, you know you keep magazines in your bathroom too...)

SO--until I have finished my thesis and can finally reclaim what's left of my tattered life, you'll just have to settle for the promised picture of Bryan and Jacey on Halloween, 2003. I hope they don't mind that I've posted it here--Jacey looks adorable anyway and as for Bryan...well, he just needs to be glad I don't have a picture of him in the Spiderman costume that he's been brave enough to wear recently at the birthday parties of several of his nephews. Complete with tights....

As for the thesis--remember, we're not discussing this out loud lest a meteor should strike my laptop or a rabid squirrel attack my purse and make off with my thumb drive, but I am almost...sheesh, I can't even WRITE it, much less THINK it...I am almost nearly close to approximately more or less ready to be maybe terminado. That's as close as I can get to writing it--I'm reasonably certain neither my laptop nor my thumb drive speak Spanish...

By the way, did you know that the word "finished" means completed and ruined? Please continue to keep all fingers and toes crossed (prayers, lighting candles and other appropriate religious expressions are also welcome....;-)

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Currently praying, crossing myself, and burning candles in support of your terminando on the thesis!

LOVE that picture!!

Oma said...

Yeah, baby! ;-)

Crewton said...

We shall light a Virgin Guadalupe candle in your honor!!! (ok, so perhaps more than one:)

Kimberly said...

Espero que termines tu tarea gigante. Con la historia de Papa vestido en un disfrazo de conejo, y el uso del verbo terminar, queria hablar en espanol. Tambien, puedo usar algunas maneras que aprendi en Chile para ganar mas apoyo de arriba. Chau chau!

Nikki said...

What he said.

Oma said...

It's like those Spanish people have a different word for EVERYTHING...